There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call Kathey Jo’s Kitchen. Got you, didn’t I? But, doesn’t cooking feel that way sometimes? This classic television show – written and narrated by Rod Serling – aired from 1959-1964, and left an imprint on pop culture for years to come. Today, we’ll be drinking to celebrate the day in Kathey Jo’s Kitchen. Do you have a themed drink to enjoy the day? Then let us know in the comments below.
The Twilight Zone
- 1 fluid ounce Bacardi light rum
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce de Kuyper melon liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces coconut cream
- 5 ounces crushed ice
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth, pour into glass and float the blue curacao over the top.
- 1-part Grenadine
- 1-part Bourbon
- 1-part Peppermint Schnapps
- 1-part 151 Rum
- Layer ingredients in the order given in a pony glass or shooter.