Here’s a three-ingredient recipe that’ll satisfy even the pickiest one of your family! I love making this pesto chicken because it’s such an easy way to serve some of my loved one’s favorites: over rice, over pasta, or my personal favorite, over a salad. Whatever way you decide to deliver this pesto chicken, everyone will love the flavor packed meal!
I guarantee who ever eats this pesto chicken will think that you spent way longer in preparing this meal than you actually did. In reality, the prepping time is very easy. In fact, to make an even lesser prep time, you can prep the day before and refrigerate until you are ready to bake. This recipe will make four servings, so if you have a bigger crowd to serve, simply double it!
This recipe is pretty simple— it’s a true three step, three ingredient process. You’ll begin by spreading approximately two tablespoons of pesto over a chicken breast. Then, you’ll wrap the chicken and pesto with a slice of prosciutto. The entire breast should be wrapped, so you can definitely use an extra half of necessary. Throw it in the oven for 25 minutes or so and you’ll have a delicious topper that’ll fulfill everyone’s hunger!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto, divided
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, or more if needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a baking dish.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto per chicken breast over the top of each breast and wrap each breast in prosciutto slices to cover the entire breast.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink, the juices run clear, and the prosciutto is lightly crisped, about 25 minutes.