Fresno Pork Roast
This recipe comes from a very special place located in California. Fresno is known for their farmland, a prime spot for fruit! This Fresno Pork Roast recipe is inspired by this beautiful city. The pork will be citrusy and packed with flavors that’ll make you want seconds and even thirds. Here at Kathey Jo’s Kitchen, it’s a favorite, especially as springtime approaches.
The undertone fruit flavors that are starred in this recipe are pineapple and orange, both in juice form. They brighten up the flavor by adding a mild sweetness that pairs perfectly with roasted pork. To prepare the boneless pork loin roast, trim any visible fat. Before adding any of the juice, or spices, you’ll want to independently place the pork roast on the oven pan—do not cover it or add water.
Once it’s time to remove the roast from the oven, let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before carving into it. This will avoid any of the juices to spill out, causing to dry out the cooked meat. As the meat is resting, you’ll want to work on your glaze. Work on combining your ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat. Bring the sauce to a boil, also assuring it’s thickened up. Carve the roast with the sauce, garnish it with fresh strawberries, and enjoy!
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 6 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cloves
- Dash allspice
- tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1pint fresh strawberries — hulled and sliced
- Place pork roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Do not add water. Do not cover.
- Roast in 325 degrees oven, until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of roast registers 155-160 degrees F.
- Allow 23 to 33 minutes per pound for medium doneness.
- Remove roast from oven, let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Stir in orange and pineapple juices.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, cloves and lemon/lime juice.
- Carve roast with sauce.
- Garnish with strawberries.