Elevate your main course meals with this delicious apricot-rosemary salsa. Here at Kathey Jo’s Kitchen, we always try to level up what we serve our families, and this sauce really does level up any meal! It truly takes a savory meal to a sweet and sensational point where you will combine many of your future meals with this simple made sauce.
Besides being a delicious sauce, it’s also pretty simple to make. The star ingredient is, you guessed: apricots. You’ll need both apricot nectar and dried apricots, ½ cup of the dried version and 5 ½ ounces of the nectar. Likewise, you’ll want to include dried rosemary leaves and fresh rosemary leaves. The flavors balance out perfectly with the hint of ground cinnamon and ginger.
The recipe also calls for Roma tomatoes. I’d really recommend opting for these tomatoes versus any other kind because they are naturally sweet and juicy, which in turn, makes them perfect for making sauces. Pair your grilled poultry, pork, steak, or even fish steaks with this sweet and savory sauce. It may sound like an odd combination but trust me it’s a great topper for any savory dish!
- 1 (5 1/2-ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup dried apricots — chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions — chopped
- 3 medium Roma plum tomatoes (3/4 cup) – chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves – chopped OR
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves — crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley — chopped
- Mix apricot nectar, apricots and shallots in 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until most of nectar is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley, heat through.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve warm or cold salsa with grilled poultry, pork or fish steaks.